Genetics Services Manager
Benchmark Genetics is a global leader in aquaculture breeding and genetics and our mission is to drive sustainability in aquaculture. We do this by improving yield, quality, health and welfare for our customers.
We are a major provider of high performing stocks of Atlantic salmon, marine shrimp (L. vannamei), and Nile tilapia; and have extensive experience in applied breeding programs for 18 species across all major aquaculture producing countries. Benchmark Genetics also supply advanced technical genetic and support services to applied breeding programs operated by third parties.
Our subsidiaries include Benchmark Genetics Norway (formerly SalmoBreed and Akvaforsk Genetics Center), Stofnfiskur HF Iceland, Benchmark Genetics Chile, Benchmark Genetics Colombia, and Benchmark Genetics USA.
Benchmark Genetics is part of Benchmark plc, a leading aquaculture biotechnology company. Benchmark develops products and solutions in genetics, health and advanced nutrition to enable food producers to improve their sustainability and profitability.
About the position
The Genetics Services Manager shall provide leadership and management for Benchmark Genetics’ team of skilled technical experts in support to the Director of Genetics. The primary task is to coordinate the available technical and human resources to ensure high standard advanced technical deliveries to internal programs and external customers, and to strengthen the team’s capability and capacity to serve a rapidly growing global aquaculture sector.
- Assist the Director of Genetics in leading and managing Benchmark Genetics core technical team
- Oversee and coordinate technical deliveries to Benchmark’s internal programs and external customers.
- Oversee and coordinate relevant R&D projects undertaken by the Benchmark core genetics team.
- Maintain and advance the team’s technical capabilities to meet current and future demands for applied genetics service provision.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A higher degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in applied genetics or relevant fields
- Industry experience in the operation of applied genetic improvement programs and large scale genetic/genomic evaluations in livestock or aquaculture species
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
Salary: Salary depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full time, working no less than 37½ hour per week
Location: Bergen, Norway (other locations may be considered under specific circumstances)
Reports to: Director of Genetics, Benchmark Genetics
Application deadline: September 30, 2020
Submissions: Send cover letter, CV and contact details of two references
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for scheduling personal interviews.
Sted: Bergen, Norway