Product Associate Lice and Welfare
Vi utvikler morgendagens systemer for matproduksjon i havet gjennom maskinlæring og kunstig intelligens. Vi tilbyr tall på fiskevekt, lusetall og fiskevelferd.
Aquabyte is seeking a Product Associate Lice and Welfare to help build great systems and experiences for fish farms across the world.
The Product Associate Lice and Welfare will facilitate, coordinate and develop new product features for our Lice and Welfare products portfolio. You will discover and integrate customers' needs in our product within these areas. The position is based in Bergen, Norway.
Aquabyte is driven by biology and inspired by the possibilities in technology
We are currently focused on helping salmon farmers better understand their fish populations and make environmentally-sound decisions. Through custom underwater cameras, computer vision, and machine learning we are able to quantify fish weights, detect the health status, and generate optimal feeding plans in real time. Our product operates at three levels: on-site hardware for image capture, cloud pipelines for data processing, and a user-facing web application. As a result, there are hundreds of moving pieces and no shortage of fascinating challenges across all levels of the stack.
Above all, Aquabyte is a customer-driven company. Our product development is dictated by the needs of fish farmers and we prioritize customer delight in everything we do. We are committed to build a global, collaborative team that creates value far beyond Silicon Valley.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an emerging blue economy technology solution. Our product team is based in Norway and on the West Coast of the United States and as part of this amazing team you will help define product solutions that will have a massive impact on our future world. You will be working on pioneering technology that no one else has defined and or built. You should have a passion for technology and deep curiosity about the world around you.
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of the welfare and lice products.
- Determine customer needs and pain points to be translated into product specs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to place “internal orders” to engineering based on clear product descriptions and scopes.
- Collaborate with product team, engineering and field operations teams to ensure product robustness.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering to plan, build and launch products and features to efficiently scale the business while creating an unforgettable customer journey.
- Provide insight into fish welfare and health opportunities, and contribute to related research and development projects
- Support sales and customer success by contributing as domain expert in customer conversations.
- Conduct user interviews and translate user feedback into product specifications.
- Analyze and tackle product problems with the freedom to experiment, test and refine the product strategy.
- Knowledge about aquaculture, fish health and welfare
- Understanding of how a farm works and what drives farmer decision making
- Relevant bachelor or masters degree level in Aquaculture or fish health
- Relevant experience from the Aquaculture industry.
- Enthusiasm in understanding of technology and the power of data and machine learning in aquaculture
- Ability to see and understand opportunities in the interaction between fish health, welfare and machine learning
- Solution and opportunity-oriented personality
- Located in or ability to relocate to Bergen, Norway
- Fluent Norwegian and English
Head of Product
Trude Jansen Hagland
Mobil 454 79 115