Blue Ocean Technology was founded based on a realisation: There is a need for more compact, efficient systems for handling sludge in aquaculture.
A need for systems made for the industry, as opposed to adapted from other industries. Compact systems with very low power signature and high TS. Decades of experience from the oil and gas industry combined with aquaculture experience resulted in Blue Ocean Technology AS: Bringing a new generation aquaculture sludgetreatment systems to the market - based on doing things differently.
Blue Ocean Technology is delivering systems all along the Norwegian coastline -and with rapidly increasing international attention. The typical application for our systems are hatcheries and post-smolt facilities - and full cycle closed fishfarms. On land - and at sea. The products are sold and marketed under the registered brand Bluehouse systems®. Blue Ocean Technology is now looking for Sales Managers.
Blue Ocean Technology is now looking for Sales Managers to lead, drive and manage the business development efforts of the company. Reporting to the CEO, you will have the responsibility to lead and coordinate the commercial initiatives within aquaculture to establish Blue Ocean Technology as a recognised supplier of solutions to the industry.
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Identify, develop and execute on sales opportunities
- Lead customer encounters and initiatives within aquaculture through building and maintaining relationships with key clients
- Identify and follow up business opportunities
- Select and appoint suitable resources to support the sales, marketing, business intelligence and development activities, in order to grow the business in line with the company’s objectives
- Seek technical support and guidance with the development of proposals and tenders in liaison with the local managers and project managers for the best sales results
- Be an active part of the management team and engage in establishing company strategies, targets and market presence in the relevant business area
As Sales Manager in Blue Ocean Technology we believe it is important that you have a good business acumen and commercial awareness, with a strong focus on achieving results and meeting agreed set targets and KPI’s. You make an impact, convince and persuade others and promote plans and ideas successfully. You build useful networks of contacts and relationships and are able to utilise them to achieve objectives. Excellent communication skills in one Scandinavian language and in English at a professional level, both written and verbal, is essential.
To be successful in this role we believe it is essential that you are systematic and well organised, define clear priorities, plan well ahead and with realistic timelines and that you stick to deadlines. You identify and seize commercial opportunities, and have a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability. You take care to follow procedures, always respect rules and regulations, see jobs through to the end and pay close attention to quality issues. You act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Completed relevant degree and/or suitable industry experience within discipline
- Track record of commercial activity preferably within the aquaculture industry
- Operational experience from the aquaculture industry will count as an advantage
- In depth knowledge about technology, business drivers and industry challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience from B2B sales
For the right candidate, this is a unique opportunity to take part in placing green technology for sustainable growth into the market – and for professional and personal development.
Blue Ocean Technology AS
Partner - People and Executive Search
Lene Faye Jordan-Johannessen